Where are iPhone backup files stored on Windows computer?
If you are using Windows operating system based computer and want to know where the backup files stored on Windows computer, then you should know the locations can vary in different versions of Windows.
\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
Windows Vista, Windows 7 , 8 and Windows 10:
Note :- Replace the USERNAME with personal account name.
You can also search the backup files by using the run window, so if you are using the Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, vista, or any version of Windows operating system, then press Windows + R key. It opens the run windows, then type here %appdata% and press enter or click on ok button to execute this command. It will open the file manager, then double click on Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup.
How to restore (manual methods)?
To restore the iPhone manually, it is necessary to install the iTunes software on the system, so first of all install the latest version of iTunes application on the computer and then follow the given some easy steps that helps you to restore iPhone manually :-
- First of all connect the iPhone with the computer, then the iTunes is automatically appears on the screen.
- Now choose your iPhone from the device menu. If it is not displaying, then click on view from the menu bar and then click on show sidebar.
- Before restoring the device, you should create the backup of phone data, so click on Back Up Now button to save the backup of your iPhone in the computer.
- When the data backup processing will complete, then click on Restore iPhone button and again click on restore button to confirm.
- This process will take several minutes, so you will have to wait till then, when the process is not be complete.
- When the restore process will complete, then you can restore data from the backup that you have created before restoring the phone. This process will reinstall your previous applications and settings.
About iphone backup software:-
If you are getting a problem with iTunes, when you are trying to restore iPhone manually and the process is failure, then you can use third party tool like as iPhone backup software that is specially designed to solve the iPhone data related problems. It is a powerful software that can easily backup and restore the iPhone data. This application is embedded with various features that provides the facility to repair the backup files. If you are trying to restore iPhone manually and by mistake the backup data has corrupted, then the iPhone backup software is capable to repair those data and you can restore your backup files into the device. This tool is easy to install and use, because an easy user interface is designed that helps the user to handle this application without and guide or reference. The iPhone backup software can be installed in all versions of operating system.